Escape to Peace and Quiet. Would you like to get away from the hustle and bustle of larger campgrounds? Would you like to escape excessive noise, obnoxious neighbours, loud water craft engines, and constant traffic? Have you dreamed of a summer getaway with a beautiful sandy beach a few steps away?
Then Bon Echo Family Campground may be just the hide-away for you. Kept virtually hidden from the general public for almost 30 years, Bon Echo Family Campground was not advertised by its previous owners. It operated on a “referral only” principle—you had to know someone to get in. As a result, this small, exclusive campground has become a hidden gem in the otherwise busy campground community.
We have only a few serviced sites available for your tents and trailers for those who relish a quiet and exclusive campground, away from the noise and bustle of life and many larger locations. Bon Echo Family Campground is NOT for people who like to party or make a lot of noise.
Our sites are serviced with water and 30 AMP electricity. The size and layout of Bon Echo Family Campground allows you to see the lake from almost every site in the park. You are never more than 1-2 minutes walk away from the waterfront or sandy beach. We have heavily wooded areas and relatively clear areas. For images of seasonal sites and the entire campground, visit the Photos page of the website.
|SERVICE||RATE + HST|
|Tents – Serviced (Water/Elec)||$45/night|
|Trailers (up to 25′) – Serviced (Water/Elec)||$50/night|
|Trailers 25+ (serviced water,electric)||$55/night|
|Camper-Trailer Rental (Extra person $12/night) (includes 2 adults & 2 children)||$109 to 119/night depending on trailer size. Learn more|
|5 Nights or More||10% off|
|Per person||$4/day or $8/night|
|Per family||$8/day or $16/night|
|Frequent Visitor Season Pass||$125/season|
|Visitor use of shower||FREE|
|Dumping Station||$12/use if not camping with us, FREE for our campers|
|Watercraft rental (canoe/kayak/paddleboat)||$6/first hour $4/additional hour|
|Games (horseshoes/bocce balls/volleyball/croquet)||FREE|
|High speed wireless internet access||FREE for one device. Nominal charge per extra device.|
|Firewood – Bagged firewood or kindling available||Available|
All prices are exclusive of 13% HST
Campers are responsible for the conduct and registering of their visitors. All visitors(relatives, friends & guests) MUST REGISTER at the office; visitors fees will apply. Day visitor check-out time – 10pm.
Each camping site is similar to one’s home property; please make it a habit of walking on roads and not through seasonal sites. Please instruct your children of the same.
Minimum 3 night reservation on long weekends.
The Ministry of Natural Resources does not allow firewood from outside the area due to the spreading of insect pests.
- Pets (dogs and cats) are welcome, but must be kept on a leash and not left unattended.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted. If your dog/pet shows any sign of aggression whatsoever, it must be muzzled or you must leave (no refund). There are many small children wandering around the campground so if there is any chance of a confrontation with your dog, please leave him/her at home.
- Prolonged barking is not permitted. While some barking is normal, campers are to ensure their dogs remain quiet overall.
- Stoop and Scoop is mandatory.
- No pets on beach or playground area. There is a pet swimming area in the park and nearby.
- Check in time is between 2:00pm to 10:00pm (No check ins past 10:00pm)
- Check out time is 11:00am
- QUIET TIME is from 11pm to 8am. Noisy and rowdy people during these times will be warned and then evicted. One (1) vehicle per site only.
- No bottles or glass containers allowed on beach or playground areas.
- Positively no cutting of trees or defacing of property.
- We will not be responsible for accidents or injury to guests, or loss of money, jewellery or valuables of any kind.
- Anyone causing an annoyance to other campers will be required to leave upon notification of the Management.
- Parents are responsible for the actions of their children, and their guests.
- Garbage: campers are responsible for the cleanup of their site, clear bags are to be used (not white). Recycling is mandatory – recycle or take it with you. Other than bagged garbage (unrecyclable items), a fee will be charged for any large or odd items that need to go to the dump.
- Reservations are payable in full at time of booking. For reservations over $500, a 50% deposit will be accepted.
- For the cottage and trailers, damage deposits are required at time of booking and will be refunded in full if the units are left in the same condition as you found them and nothing is missing. Deposits are $250 for the Cottage and $50 for a trailer. If you leave a mess there will be a MINIMUM $25 cleaning fee deducted from your deposit.
- Holiday weekend reservations must be for 3 nights.
- 4 weeks or more notice: full refund.
- Less than 4 weeks notice or no-show during the busy months of July & August: no refund unless we can fill your spot. A credit note may be granted for a future visit where space is available
- Late arrivals: If you do not show up on the reserved date, the rest of your reservation may be forfeited unless we’ve heard from you. Call the campground directly on the local number if you expect a late arrival in order to keep your reservation.